Application Open for 2021 Internship Coordinator Position
Based in greater New York, Korean American Civic Empowerment (KACE) is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering the Korean American community through active civic engagement. To that end, KACE advocates for our community’s voting rights, educates on civic and public affairs, organizes Korean American voters, and engages elected officials on issues pertinent to our community.
KACE is accepting applications for the paid position of “Internship Coordinator” for our 2021 Virtual Grassroots Internship Program. Open to undergraduate students or recent college graduates, this summer position encompasses various responsibilities, including assistance in education and management of high school interns/volunteers from May to October 2021.
Start and end dates of employment are open to negotiation.
Training will be provided at the start of employment.
- Manage attendance and communicate regularly with students and parent(s);
- Lead students in workshops, research sessions, voter registration drives, and meetings with elected officials;
- Lead students in any other fieldwork activities and in events hosted by KACE;
- Coordinate and execute weekly and daily internship meetings;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of education materials and relevant resources to be able to instruct interns/volunteers;
- And assist the Program Director with duties as assigned.
- At least one year of undergraduate experience;
- Strong community skills, verbal and written;
- Strong sense of responsibility and punctuality;
- Demonstrated sense of leadership;
- Proficient in word processing and academic research;
- Ability to organize, maintain, and follow through with multiple communications and tasks with thoroughness; and
- Proficiency in Korean, experience in education and/or U.S. history (especially Asian American history) is a strong plus.
If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter to
For any other questions, please feel free to reach us at email@example.com.