GRASSROOTS INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR
KACE (Korean American Civic Empowerment) is proud to announce that the application period for the position of “Internship Coordinator” for the 2023 Grassroots Internship Program in New York and New Jersey is now open.
KACE is a non-partisan, not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering the Korean American community through active civic engagement. To that end, KACE advocates for our community’s voting rights, educates on civic and public affairs, organizes Korean American voters, and engages elected officials on issues pertinent to our community.
This is a paid position for the job title: Internship Coordinator.
Pay is $15/Hour and is not negotiable. This is a full time position, expected to average 40 hours per week.
There is one (1) position for a coordinator in New York, and one (1) position for a coordinator in New Jersey.
This position is open to undergraduate students or recent college graduates. This position encompasses various responsibilities, including assistance in education, training, and management of high school interns/volunteers from May to October 2023. Training will be provided at the start of employment.
The start date is Tuesday, May 30, 2023, the date of a joint training session with coordinators from New York, New Jersey, Illinois, and Texas. The end date of the program is October 27, 2023.
Because applicants may need to focus on their academics for the Fall Semester, the end date for the Coordinator position is negotiable.
As an Internship Coordinator, you will be managing and communicating regularly with the interns and their parent(s). As a precaution for the safety of all staff and interns, the program will be a hybrid of meeting through Zoom and in-person for events, voter registration drives, etc., which are subject to change in order to adapt to given circumstances.
Your duties will include the following:
- Coordinate and lead internship meetings.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of education and training materials and relevant resources to be able to provide information and instruct interns and volunteers.
- Manage attendance and communicate regularly with Interns and parent(s).
- Lead workshop and research sessions.
- Lead interns in workshops, research sessions, voter registration drives, and meetings with elected officials;
- Lead interns in any other fieldwork activities and in events hosted by KACE;
- Assist KACE staff with duties as assigned.
- At least one year of undergraduate studies;
- Strong community skills, verbal and written;
- Strong sense of responsibility and punctuality;
- Demonstrated sense of leadership;
- Proficient in academic research, word processing, and online classroom tools;
- Ability to organize, maintain, and follow through with multiple communications and tasks with thoroughness; and
- Proficiency in Korean, experience in education and/or U.S. history (especially Asian American history) is a strong plus, but not required.
Candidates for the program are selected after an application and interview process.
Applications are only being accepted via the online application at this time. The link to the Google Forms application is provided below. You will need to upload a cover letter and resume.
The deadline to apply is April 28, 2023. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed for consideration on a rolling basis in the order they are received and positions may be filled prior to the deadline. Applications will not be accepted after 5PM on April 28, 2023.
Candidates that selected for an interview over Zoom will be contacted at the email address provided on the online application along with further instructions for the interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the program, you may contact us at email@example.com or (718) 961-4117. You may also visit our Social Media (via Linktree) for videos and pictures from our previous years of the KACE Grassroots Internship Program.